Saturday, December 27, 2014

Kapiti Coast NZ



Here is my Challenge "The Sea"
I took the photo at the beach on Kapiti coast on North Island while visiting my son in Wellington NZ.
I used shrink magic for a background and used TAP (Transfer Artist Paper) to transfer the picture of the sea on fabric (used Gloria Loughman's technique) and stitched the tiles on to the background
It turned out a tad wonky so I need to brush up on my placing.... I usually unpick my mistakes but have been to busy and didn't get time to redo it better luck next time hehe!!!!
I enjoyed making it and  can't wait to see everyone's challenges.   Happy stitching!!!
   

7 comments:

  1. Great idea to use the shrink magic for the background. Were the tiles made from the TAP? Interesting technique. I must learn more about it.

    Is that hand-knit lace on the pillowcase? It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dale Thanks The background on which the piece is placed is a tablecloth. Yes I think it was knitted but it is very old from my gran's home. My Mom got it in 1950's and I got it when she passed away It is still in use and should be for many more years hehe!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. I like the tile technique used this way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative! I have the TAP paper & texture Magic by I never would have thought of using them together. Great job! Welcome to the group.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tile technique softens the picture and gives it added dimension - makes me want to visit New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ellen- I love how you 'bricked' your photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tile technique is very neat -- like a mosaic on a Roman wall! Must investigate this technique!

    ReplyDelete