**Reminder to self: When I open the dictionary and put my finger on a word, make it a noun! **
"It's My Party ... " began with an experimental watercolour that I love, using Color Burst.
I had a piece of purple silk from a kit that I didn't make and a piece of gorgeous silk in sunset-y colours (The Thread Studio - aka "Other Dale") that I was "saving" for something. After I applied MistyFuse to the sunset-y silk, I cut it into curvy shapes with a rotary cutter and fused it on to the purple background, using some of the pieces to hold the watercolour in place.
I then put stabilizer under the purple silk and stitched the curvy pieces with copper metallic thread, followed by copper-coloured foil, tiny pink beads, pink metallic fusible Kreinik braid (I am so glad to get rid of some of that!), and hot-fix crystals.