Thursday, June 28, 2012

AGATE BEACH by Diane B.


Agate Beach is an islet in the Alberni Valley, Vancouver Island, British Columbia.  

I joined this challenge group due to peer pressure from a friend.    I liked the first topic so thought to give it a try. 


My piece is made from silk fusion over a fabric base.  I wanted a dimensional look so did the decorative stitching in three steps.   Through one layer, then two layers and finally through the Timtex backing using  an assortment of variegated threads.  A little tedious but it worked. Beads were added to finish my island.

A fun and challenging project using techniques new to me.   Thanks Gladys.

6 comments:

  1. You're very welcome Diane. I'm glad your friend pressured you into joining! Your piece is beautiful. As expected, mine isn't finished yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not yet tried silk fusion, but after seeing your piece, I will! I love the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane- I am glad you took Gladys challenge. Your piece is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were more than up for the challenge! Great piece. Gladys can be kind of bossy eh! But in a good way:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, who of all your friends would pressure you into something you were not sure about! It's wonderful, you did a great job. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diane - So glad to see you are fusing too. It is such fun. A lovely piece that feels very west coast.

    ReplyDelete