Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Exuberant! - "It's My Party ..."

The next time it's my turn to pick the challenge -

**Reminder to self:  When I open the dictionary and put my finger on a word, make it a noun! **

"It's My Party ... " began with an experimental watercolour that I love, using Color Burst.

I had a piece of purple silk from a kit that I didn't make and a piece of gorgeous silk in sunset-y colours (The Thread Studio - aka "Other Dale") that I was "saving" for something.  After I applied MistyFuse to the sunset-y silk, I cut it into curvy shapes with a rotary cutter and fused it on to the purple background, using some of the pieces to hold the watercolour in place.
I then put stabilizer under the purple silk and stitched the curvy pieces with copper metallic thread, followed by copper-coloured foil, tiny pink beads, pink metallic fusible Kreinik braid (I am so glad to get rid of some of that!), and hot-fix crystals.

7 comments:

  1. Dale I love your watercolour and how you incorporated it with the fabric and shiny things. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty great Dale. I lie how you initially used those pieces to set that wonderful exuberant watercolour in place. The piece is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Kari! I am anxiously anticipating the next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, love the colour and Exhuberance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the feeling of "lightness" and excitement that you have achieved with the mix of sheerness of fabric and excited points of "flame" over the watercolour. Makes me think of an exuberant Bird of Paradise flower! Great colour contrasts. Looking forward to seeing it "live" some day!

    ReplyDelete