Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Mardi Gras

“Exuberance” turned out to be a wonderful opportunity to sort beads and sequins while playing with them!  I started with a piece of fabric and Kool-Aid dyed silk roving and handkerchiefs. Did some layering of these, added some Angelina fibres (I would use these more sparingly next time, as they reflected light and made the end product hard to photograph).  Then used Misty Fuse and fine black tulle to sandwich things together.
Next for the embellishments!  Some thick rayon threads for running stitches, and then lots of sequins and beads, and some iron-on stars.

Final piece makes me think of both Mardi Gras and fireworks.  

3 comments:

  1. When I saw this, live and in all its beaded glory, I said to Chris "It looks like fireworks" without realizing she thought so, too. All those beads and sequins! Many, many beads, and sequins. It's a fun piece, Chris! Did I mention that there are many beads and sequins?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your exuberance Chris!. I just got home from away, but maybe I've now been inspired to get on with it - it'll just be late! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love beads & sequins! Looks like you had fun making this!

    ReplyDelete