Friday, September 11, 2015

Gotta Dance!

When I hear a great song on the radio I just have to dance! I dance while cooking dinner, cleaning the house, ironing, you name it. I " chair" dance in the car to a great tune! When I first saw the challenge was " Exuberance" I had to admit that I was stumped at first. But nephew commented on how much I loved to dance so I decided this was a great place to start.
I had hubby snap a few pictures of me dancing around my sewing room, then I chose a photo I liked and got to work. First I printed the photo, traced my silhouette then dug thru my hand dyed fabrics I choose the background from my iced dyed fabrics and the figure is from fabrics I dyed for a class I took a few years ago. Once I had the piece fused and quilted it still looked a bit plain then I remembered some beads I was given earlier this month, they where the perfect colours so I got busy hand sewing all the beads and sequins on. 
This piece makes me smile and I hope you feel like dancing with me.

3 comments:

  1. I'll dance with you Karrie. You really captured the feeling of exuberance. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the colours! Gotta dance - gotta sing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've witnessed this! She really does do this and Karrie, you have represented yourself well!! And it is indeed your colors! I totally love it!

    ReplyDelete