Saturday, October 3, 2015

Merry go round

First let me apologize for late posting but I have been so busy since I came home from our trip to the UK late Aug.
I managed to get the piece completed today.  We had a wonderful time overseas and did much touring around Britain. I also caught up with many friends,
I think a ride on the Merry go round and Ferris wheel are a thrill. my idea of exuberance
I managed to go on the "London Eye" and found it thrilling. Something I don't usually attempt
I found this picture a close replica of the London Eye. I printed the picture on fabric and covered it in white organza then printed the Merry go round and castle below and backed them with black felt and did some embellishing with beads and stitching on them I found some circular designed fabric in my stash which I used for binding. The ribbons have EXUBERANCE glued on in gold letters which I thought matched the yellow in the binding. I also stitched rose rosettes in black and white and painted the tips of the petals in gold. I enjoyed making this but was really stumped at first as to what to make,
I kept with black and white with a touch of yellow/gold just because I don't usually like to use yellow but seemed appropriate  Sorry the beading cannot be seen in the photo.
 Cannot wait to see all the others challenges.
Those already posted your works are stunning.          

5 comments:

  1. What fun! I loved ferris wheels and merry-go-rounds when I was a kid, but I am not sure I could manage the London Eye!

    When I clicked on your photo, I discovered that it DOES show the beading, gold lettering on the ribbon, and the rosettes. The circle fabric is just perfect. Well done, Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour combination you've chosen. I think the circle fabric adds to the whimsical nature of the piece. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen, you certainly put a lot of exuberance and detail into your piece. Wow!. I like the colours you chose too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The circle fabric for binding is a great touch! Great detail -- neat techniques!

    ReplyDelete