Monday, March 30, 2015

Fear

This was a challenge.  I could think of no huge fears aside from losing my powers to think and sew, so I was stymied for a while.  Then Peter told me about his experience of crawling under the condo building searching for some water-shut-off.  The unlit concrete crawl space, lined with pipes and wires and twists and turns nearly brought on an anxiety/claustrophobia attack for him, and I felt much the same as I heard the story.  So this was my attempt to re-create that dark maze --not so scary in fabric. (He suggested I call the finished piece "Call Before You Dig"...)  Oh, well.

Weaving and layering and doing some trapunto work to round the red pipes, and then sewing down all the overlapping woven layers was my big challenge this time.

Now that I have said this, I realize that perhaps my greatest fear is that I cannot get the picture connected to this post.  I'll keep trying.

5 comments:

  1. Crawling under the condo- that is scary! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't say I like crawling around tight spaces either especially in the dark. I think you captured it nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a crawl space Chris so I can relate a bit. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliantly shown in fabric. I too share your fear of not getting my post up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliantly shown in fabric. I too share your fear of not getting my post up.

    ReplyDelete