Monday, March 30, 2015

Erosion- Many Different Facets

e·ro·sion
əˈrōZHən/
noun
the gradual destruction or diminution of something.

I had to think long and hard about fear; I finally decided to focus on erosion.  Erosion can be applied to many areas of our lives...erosion of the beach at Lake Michigan..erosion of your health as you age...erosion of world-wide safety...so many things can gradually destruct creating fear.

My piece is inspired by an Edward Burtynsky photo shown below:
My piece is below. After creating the landscape, I used rust to create a tributary-like flow across the piece.  Some seed stitches finished it.

Enjoy!  Kathy

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Just WOW. Amazing piece, very important message. Great work Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thought provoking Kathy. Great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your techniques are fantastic and I really like your inspiration

    ReplyDelete