Thursday, January 3, 2013

Enjoying a Walk on a Frosty Day
I thought it quite humorous that this theme was given and there has not been one frosty day like the one I took photos on last year. We have has snow but not one where ice crystals ooze out of the damp foliage over several days to create these wonderful ice sculptures on the edge of the leaves and branches. I had my grand dog visiting then so we were enjoying the walks on the trails behind my home. It was a run of several days where we had good minus temperatures and I remembered to take my camera after the first day and got many shots.





I am doing a lot of silk fusion these days as a group of friends are going to have a show in July.         I started this in October and have been working on days we have set aside to work on the show. Most of what I am going to do will be used for both. The background was created from a background fabric I dyed with ice cubes and the background silk fusion piece was stitched to it. I really enjoyed playing with the lines of the grasses and twigs.


Once my Christmas company left and the house returned to a normal rhythm, I cut the leaf parts from other silk fusion pieces and then placed them on a tear away stabilizer in a hoop and free motion stitched the edges using a zig-zag setting. After removing the stabilizer from the leaf backs I appliqued them on with the leaf stitching details and today I finished of with a few beads to catch the light and add detail then mounted it around a 12"x 12" frame for hanging.


I really enjoyed doing this challenge of frosty blackberry leaves and it will give me good memories of walking with Moka and to remind one to enjoy even the beauty in old leaves long since finished on the vine.













4 comments:

  1. Amazing! The attention to detail is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to convince my husband that some of these photos were NOT really blackberry leaves! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What can I say other than that its stunning. Fantastic work. Can't wait to see it in real life!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I agree with Shannon the detail is amazing.

    ReplyDelete