Sunday, February 26, 2012

Karrie Intro

Hi my name is Karrie, I am an avid Quilter and knitter. I am seriously addicted to all things fibre. I have a tendency to bounce from technique to technique and as yet have not settled into one particular style. I am excited about participating in this challenge as it feeds this need to try new things. These pieces are "bite sized" since I am not committed to a large piece it makes it easier to try a something new, if I like it I can carry on and make a larger piece. The flip side, if I don't like it I can re-work the piece or move on.
Here are a couple samples.
This first photo is my most recent work. The Heron is my favorite piece thus far.


If I am not quilting or knitting I can usually be found doing yoga, gardening, walking the dog or sitting on the back of our motorcycle. I try very hard to never leave the house without my camera as I am always taking photos to use for inspiration.

4 comments:

  1. Love the heron, Karrie! We have a Great Blue Heron that visits our pond regularly. Last summer, it preened itself in our trees and dropped some feathers which I have saved. I have no idea what I will do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment! You could use the feathers on an art quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could - or someone else with a Great Blue Heron might like one? Just saying!

    ReplyDelete