Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hi - from Dale

 Water Colours - water-colour paper, Pelikan water-colours, beads, metal leaf, hand-made cords, Perfect Pearls, silk dupioni, etc.

I was delighted when Gladys invited me to join this group and I am very much looking forward to the challenges and meeting the other members.

I am not a professional or trained artist. I used to make most of my own clothing and took courses in pattern drafting. (I thought I wanted to be an architect when I grew up, but found out there was a physics component ... then there was all that math ...!). Anyway, I made several wedding outfits - two of which were from patterns I drafted from scratch) before deciding that I needed to do something more "me". One of my first experiments was with fabric paper - before I knew there was such a thing.

At this particular moment, my sewing room has had two coats of fresh paint, the trim is in place, the new laminate flooring is down and the room is completely devoid of anything "art-quilty" (including furniture) because it's spread all over the rest of the house.

My husband and I share our home with a Chocolate Lab, three indoor cats and a almost-feral barn cat we had spayed and for whom we bought a $60 heated cat bed.

When I originally posted this as an email, my sewing room was virtually non-existent. However, I have now just about finished refilling the room. A rug to go under the desk (so I can spill paint, ink, and glue - and not ruin the new laminate flooring) and a blind will arrive sometime next week.


For some reason, we elected NOT to keep the filthy slime-green carpet that was lurking under the not-quite as filthy beige carpet. The slime-green carpet was glued to the subfloor. My husband had to scrape the residue off and nailed a new subfloor over top.








3 comments:

  1. That is one beautiful piece of work Dale! What is the size?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an irregular size, Gladys. It measures =/- 5 5/8" by 11 5/8" at its widest and longest measurements. Thanks very much for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete