Sunday, February 26, 2012

Gladys Love Introducing herself!

For those of you who don't know me, I thought I'd say a bit about myself.  One year ago I reteired from my job as a secretary at a high school.  Almost three years ago I had a book published thru C&T Publishing, "Embellishing with Anything".  The plan was to do another book as soon as I retired, but as we all learn, the best laid plans do go astray!  My parents ended up having a rough winter health-wise, and are now living with my husband and I. A move from Alberta's ice and snow and dry weather to our pacific coast rain forest!  Big changes for Dad who is 97 and Mum is who 83.  A new chapter of my life has begun!  It's sort of like being a parent again, only with no authority! 

In order to keep in touch with like minds and keep working on creative things, I wanted to start this group.  I do well with deadlines!  How about the rest of you?  This is a photo of a 12 x 12 I did for a theme called "Trees".  I really enjoyed this one as it was my first try at silkscreening: 

I love to work with anything textile........have been quilting since 1994 and often say I prefer art quilting because my points don't match!  I love mixed media work and I also knit, used to make bobbin lace, can spin wool, altho I don't have a wheel anymore, and I don't like cooking!  But....I do love landscaping and gardening! These two pictures are two of my favorite projects to date.  The big wall hanging was juried into the Grand National with the theme "Fantasy", and the wall doll won a Viewer's Choice award in a Trendtex Challenge at CQA. 


Our home is on Vancouver Island (which helps with the gardening passion) and we share it with one very cranky but loving old cat and a ten year old dog who thinks he is a puppy.

2 comments:

  1. Your work is fabulous. I want to be just half as good as you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to look in on your blog. It will be great to hear from you sometime - I am Karin in Alberta, just emailed you and steve and Nancy. All the best.

    ReplyDelete