Sunday, April 3, 2016

Geology

I



 was lucky enough to go to Italy in January and fell in love with the cobbled roads. One in particular had a lovely moss growing around all the beautiful rounded stones.
I started with a double layer of batting and white cotton. I couched green wool roving and machine quilted my cobbles. I then coloured the cobbles with Shiva Oilsticks,  not completely happy I then added more using blue and pink. The piece still wasn't talking to me so I coloured again this time with Neocolour crayons. Hope you like and apologies for being late. Oops photos in order of creation but they decided to pop themselves in the middle.

2 comments:

  1. I love cobbled streets too Carol. You moss is excellent and colours worked well also.
    Wonder what's coming next...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You've really captured it.

    ReplyDelete