Wednesday, April 20, 2016

GEOLOGY by Gladys Love

This is actually cheating by posting this one because I've had it done before the challenge.  Members of my "Art/Play" group have seen it.  It was my inspiration for the challenge theme because I wanted to do another.  But life got in the way, as it most often does these days, so here's my inspiration and here's hoping I get another one done.  It is 12 x 12 and is simple curved piecing.  The quilting lines were inspired by the pocket of my jeans!  The slice of stone is "Ocean Picture Stone" I'm told and is very thin, but I could see beach, ocean and sky in it as soon as I saw it at the Rock & Gem show.  It is mounted in a hole that is faced with some waxed thread and a few beads.  Hope you forgive me this round.  Now on to the next theme of time....and I don't have one done for that so I have to work at the next one!  


1 comment:

  1. Gladys, I may have seen this in person through Fibre Art Voices (we are on face book and the web) but I am still in awe of your concept on how to interpret your vision of this slice of our world. So beautiful. Thank you

    ReplyDelete