Monday, March 28, 2016

Rocks rock



HAPPY EASTER all.  I know the weekend is over but trust you all had a enjoyable time and didn't eat too many choc eggs hehe!!!

Here is my challenge piece "Geology"   "Rocks rock"
I had fun and enjoyed making this piece. I used tea bags as a background which I stitched together
I printed a cross section of  a rock on a wash away fabric and free motion stitched the printed feature onto teabags.   I printed some photos of rocks and other forms on TAP (Transfer Artist Paper) and put these onto teabags and stitched the tea bags in place and added some small rocks as embellishments. I then mounted the piece on black felt to form a frame.
I was pleased with how it turned out. Thanks for this interesting title      
I can't wait to see the challenges

4 comments:

  1. Really interesting piece Ellen. I've never worked with tea bags, looks really interesting. Your background has a really nice sheen, adds a lot of depth to your work. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the background and random rocks! I have never played with teabags either, but it looks like something I'd like to try. Thanks for sharing,mEloen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen, this is a super. I've never used TAP, but am using matte medium to attach photos etc to fabric but that would be too rough on teabags, so good to know the alternative. I love the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. I've used tea bags in another project and found them a good method to use. I'm a real teapot hehe!! so have many tea bags to recycle.
    I just put them out to dry and when dried cut them open along one edge and empty the tea then press and store for projects. They can be delicate but just work gentle with them and they won't tear I love the designs created by the tea I find it looks organic and makes for some delightful patterns. TAP is also interesting still experimenting with it have got some good results.For my "Sea" challenge I also used TAP.

    ReplyDelete