Monday, March 28, 2016

Geology - Rock! Paper! Scissors!

This challenge rocked!  I loved the idea of it so much that I started Rock! Paper! Scissors! right after Gladys issued the challenge at the beginning of January.


I used earth-toned Copic alcohol markers to colour watercolour paper, which I had torn into random strips and fused to plain muslin.  I then added Silks Acrylic Glaze, Twinkling H2Os, and turquoise and rust-coloured alcohol inks and markers to areas throughout the piece and let the colours run to stain the muslin.



When the piece was dry, I added random hand embroidery stitches using perle cotton, and cotton, silk, and rayon threads in earthy, rusty, and turquoisy colours.  I added beads to some areas that were not covered with watercolour paper.  There are still some areas where I may add more beads and, perhaps, some more hand stitching.






I added a piece of batting and machine-couched some more embroidery threads and, of course, some glitz!  Then I trimmed it with scissors!


Thanks, Gladys!  I look forward to the next challenge!


6 comments:

  1. Amazing Dale! I love it. This would be a fun technique to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Dale - how many pieces did you make? They all look different but wonderful! Love it/them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is all one pice, Margaret - just different sections!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work! Interesting piece. The colors & embellishings are great. a must try technique. I need to get instructions on how you made it and where to source the Copic alcohol markers, Silks Acrylic Glaze, Twinkling H2Os, (what is Twinkling H2O's?) excuse my ignorance still new at this game hehe!!!! but learning much from these challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Ellen. I am working away from home for the month of April. I will be happy to answer you in detail in May! I hope you can wait that long!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete