Thursday, March 31, 2016

Geode

I had a few ideas for this challenge, but nothing really resonated with me until I started playing with a pile of ice dyed fabrics I made last summer. This purple piece reminded me of an amethyst geode my grandparents had.
First I selected a section of fabric I wanted to play with.
Next I had to choose the opening.
Interesting but no. Next.

I like it! Need some layers.
Assemble & add beads. Ta-Dah! I present Geode.



Closeup

Always a challenge to make these pieces. But that is the point right! Thank you Gladys far an interesting topic.

3 comments:

  1. Karrie, I think this is your best yet! The photo doesn't do it justice. It is marvelous. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Kerrie So elegant I love the colors. Somehow just looking at the piece I seem to see color changes like looking into a kaleidoscope I must try ice dyeing sometime.

    ReplyDelete