Monday, October 12, 2015

Exuberant - Jack spam

Firstly apologies for being late with my Version of Exuberant. I have been traveling for 3 months around Victoria in a caravan and just couldn't get my head around this theme.  So it was a challenge both mentally and creatively. It was on the last 200 km of our trip that the answer came to me..... "Jack 
spam". While I was away my daughter would constantly update me with photos of my grandsons antics with photos on texts and face book. Jack is the newest little man to the group therefore constantly doing new things so she nick named the stream of photos "Jack spam". He's usually laughing which made me think of one of the meanings of Exuberant - extreme happiness! And his smile made me smile so he seemed an appropriate subject. 

I traced his facial features onto "Romeo wash away fabric" then went over these with free motion stitching on different fabrics. The centre face is hand stitching. The faces were then applied to a background fabric and more stitching of details added. Once wash away fabric was removed I coloured in with water colour pencils. 
                      "Jack Spam"


    the four boys with "Jack" on the       middle




6 comments:

  1. Brilliant interpretation! What a great looking bunch of grands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun it that! Love it, what a happy family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karrie. It was fun to do and still makes me smile when I look at it. The boys are a happy lot - most of the time!

      Delete