Sunday, June 7, 2015

My goodness, I completed this early. Leaves, love leaves but here on the coast of Australia we don't get the beautiful coloured leaves from deciduous trees.
I drew the leaves on white homespun and coloured them using Inktense pencils and then used Jo Sonias textile medium to blend the colours. I then made a quilt sandwich and free motion quilted the leaves adding their veins before carefully cutting out and placing on a piece of handdyed fabric, a bit more quilting and done. Hope your enjoy.

7 comments:

  1. Carol, I love your use of Inktense pencils - I have a set but haven't used them yet. Good to know about JS textile medium too. Love the leaves on the border. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful colours. It's like they have fallen on the reflection of an Australian sunset

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also have a set of Inktense pencils that I've barely played with. Thank you for the inspirational piece along with the " How to". Great colours, it's a happy piece to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also have Inktense pencils and blocks that I have barely played with. I have thought about trying them on fabric, and now I definitely will. Your colours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used my Inktense pencils for my piece too! Thank you for the nudge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go girls Inktense pencils rock. Glad to inspire a first for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful colours and shapes. I really like the way you have placed the leaves along the edges -- much softer and more organic looking than straight edges. Like several commenters above, I too have more-or-less virgin intense pencils and am now inspired to dust them off! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete