Thursday, October 4, 2012

INCANDESCENCE by Diane B




This topic was a very challenging one for me.    It took awhile to get past thoughts of a light bulb in the dark.    After seeing the many unique interpretations of the first topic,  Island,  I thought that any thing you can imagine goes.    Gardening and flowers are a big part of my life.   Lilies in bloom do a wonderful job of lighting up my back yard.

I used a photo of a Day Lily from my garden, with some help from Photoshop, then came up with a usable design.   The flower is made of silk fusion. Stitching was done to define the veins.   An extra layer of batting was added behind the flower. The flower was then applied to the back ground.  Stamens were made of silk yarn and beads added.  There are slanted vertical quilting lines in the back ground,  also long stitches using an iridescent thread.   

 A fun and challenging topic.  Diane Boyko

2 comments:

  1. It's very pretty, Diane. I like your idea of adding the extra batting behind the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your interpretation of the theme, Diane. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete