Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wedding Day by Karrie P.


So you might be thinking "Wedding Day?" the theme is incandescence. In the definition of incandescence I read about the emission of light from within or a strong emotion. To me there is no stronger emotion than love, nothing can make you happier or make you incredibly angry or sad. Love has inspired endless forms of art, painting, sculpture, poetry and song to name a few. 
This month my husband and I celebrated our 22nd wedding anniversary so this piece is dedicated to my husband and a love that still burns bright. These are our hands from our wedding day, I added french knots for the baby's breath in my bouquet, beads for the beads on my dress and I added a button to hubbys tux. 
Thanks Barb for the theme, it was a tough one to start but I really enjoyed the process.

5 comments:

  1. We celebrated our 38th this year. I celebrate all of those who are in it for the long haul. Your quilt really touched me, Karrie. The incandescence is so incandescent! Love your post! I would not trade these years for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karrie, that's beautiful. It's the perfect interpretation of a multi-meaning theme. I love that you downloaded "your song" and danced to it in the kitchen. So special to know that romance still exists! Enjoy your vacation and thanks for posting early. It will kick my butt into gear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karrie, Beautiful quilt! What did you use for your photo transfer- it is so vibrant. Your quilting is amazing. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love where you took the theme. Your photo and quilting alone were beautiful, but the details you added were inspired and really "made" the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy I used June Tailor Sew-in Computer Printer Fabric. Thank you all for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete