Saturday, June 25, 2016

Time and Tide waits for no man

I'm a few days early posting my finished challenge It has been finished for a while and have been itching to post it hehe!!!
I was inspired by a friend's post on FB of the Clock in Prague installed in year 1410   Take a look its is very interesting and as I say inspiring.
I made a background by painting, then stenciling/stamping various clock images on background.        I then printed the title words on organza and then painted over as the printed image was very light.
I used organza as I wanted the stamping/stenciling to be seen under the words. It was with some trial and error that the paint eventually seemed to bond (after using some Modge Podge mixed with the paint and leaving it to dry over a few days. Every time before when I lifted it of the plastic work surface half the paint would stay behind on the work surface. I used an angled 12" x 12" canvas frame and covered this with the background fabric.
The floating outer blue circle was the inspiration from the above mentioned clock. This was made by using multiple pieces of organza and other synthetic fibers which I cut out with a soldering iron onto which I glues the numbers. I secured the ring using some thick double sided felt dots. This makes it look like its is floating representing the sea/tide.  I then put the clock mechanizem  in centre.
Viola!!! I now have a clock for my studio It was a challenge but well worth it.

2 comments:

  1. Very clever Ellen! I love the back ground fabric, great choice. The blue does look like its floating. I'd be itchy to post this early too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Ellen. Something very attractive and very useful - hard to do with art work!

    ReplyDelete