Thursday, June 30, 2016

Rings of Time

Another interesting challenge. I have to admit to really procrastinating until I found just the right inspiration. I love trees and have done several projects based on trees, then it came to me that trees are like time capsules. When you count the rings you can tell how old a tree is and to the informed eye you can tell if a particular year had a drought or fire. 
Here is my Rings of Time. I made this using improvisational piecing technique ( I may have just taken a 5 day workshop with the wonderful Jean Wells). All the fabrics are commercial fabrics. I'm really pleased with this piece I hope you enjoy it too.



5 comments:

  1. Karrie it is beautiful. I also find trees fascinating the colours you've used are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karrie it is beautiful. I also find trees fascinating the colours you've used are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you really enjoyed and benefited from the Jean Wells course Karrie. Love this piece.

    ReplyDelete