Thursday, December 31, 2015

We Three Kings

Happy New Year All! This was a challenging way to end the year! I really had to mull this topic over. At first the only thing I could think of was Spicing things up in the bedroom! So I had visions of a thong on a bed post.
Then my hubby suggested the Silk Road & spices so I then contemplated camels all dressed up in tassels etc. but I couldn't find an image I liked enough to do & I do prefer to work from my own photographs. Yes I do have a camel photo but again not what I wanted to make. So back to the drawing board.
I doodled.


My helper liked this one! I may make this one yet! But I got into the spirit of the season.

Now fabric

It had promise so I went with it. I had to borrow some glitzy fabric. I'm really pleased with the result. 
Meet my Three Wise Men carrying Gold, Frankincense & myrrh.


Detail



I hope wish you all a happy & prosperous New Year! 




6 comments:

  1. Love your piece, like your fabric choice its stunning
    Happy New year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ellen. It was interesting to make. I made each king separately then pieced the three chunks together & couched on the gold yarn on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, Karrie! And so is your assistant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your piece. It's so expressive. And your blingy fabric is exquisite. Nice of Noel to guard your next design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant take on the theme. Fabric choice and design are perfect. Well done

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karrie, I'm always impressed when someone actually makes a sketch first! I do it but not always... Love your interpretation.

    ReplyDelete