Sunday, March 30, 2014

Live, Love, Laugh

First thank you to Margaret for a great challenge topic. I have to admit it was tough deciding what to do for this one!
I often look thru my photo album for inspiration and I had a wonderful photo of a dandelion from a motorcycle trip hubby and I took last summer with some dear friends. We drove to the Alberta badlands to Dinosaur Provincial Park and as we entered the park there was a scenic lookout and my friend noticed this awesome dandelion. So I snapped a few pictures before we headed into the park.


In my first plan I was going to put an original poem I wrote on this piece but decided against it once the piece was almost done. I also considered "Wish" since as a child we would make a wish then blow hard on the dandelion to "scatter" our wishes onto the wind. But along with those fond memories I could still almost hear our laughter. So I tried to use the words that would most sum up all of these feelings, hence Live Love Laugh. 


Close up:

Hard to get a real detail shot so here is another picture. 


Simple words to live by.

7 comments:

  1. Karrie- This is fabulous! Dandelions are my favorite! The photo is wonderful and the transfer is equally wonderful. How did you do the transfer?
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enlarged the photo then printed it onto paper to ensure I had the size I wanted then printed it onto paper solvy, put a layer of regular solvy on the back. Then I did lots of thread work using the picture as my guide. Dissolved everything away, let it dry then out the remaining " web" onto my background, more thread work,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok typo on there once the web was dry I pinned it to my background and added lots more thread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it too Karrie. As kids, we used to wish upon a piece of fluff too. Now we are consumed with eliminating them! Is that yet another topic :)..... Did you hand embroider the letters? Well done. As an aside, I still use dandelions as a sign in spring to plant cold weather crops - peas etc. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karrie! I think this is the best piece I've ever seen you do! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karrie! I think this is the best piece I've ever seen you do! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete