Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Kathy's Celestial

For my celestial piece, started with white fabric and dyed it a soft blue. I selected  four different colors of Jacquard Dye-Na-Flow for each color, I ironed creases into fabric to form a star-like impression.
I loaded up a paint brush with Dye-Na-Flow and lightly moved it along the top of the creases until the paint had been used. I repeated the process for each of the four stars.
After the dyeing process, I machine echoed stitched around the stars.
Lastly, I hand embroidered each of the stars with a contrasting colored embroidery thread.
Enjoy! Kathy

3 comments:

  1. I love it, Kathy. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your stars are awesome Kathy. Love it! Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great design Kathy! And it looks like it was fun to do as well. Your photos showing the steps are also excellent. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete