Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I DON'T GIVE A HOOT by Janet F.

I Don't Give a Hoot.
 This winter we have been visited by this Barred Owl  and been able to witness how other birds have just been so annoyed by his presence. It was a hawk screeching that first drew attention to the fact the owl was on a branch outside my studio window another day a large group of ravens were tearing off cedar boughs from branches above and bombing him to try and get him to leave. He didn't act too perturbed, he just move to a better branch for me to photograph and he would return several times more over the next few weeks. A friend that loves owls came over a told us that it was probably a young male trying to find a new territory.


To get something more whimsical I went to my hand dyed marbled, silkscreened and painted fabrics and chose some that had been fun experiments and made this to remember our winter visitor. I made a pattern by playing around in my photo program and drawing at my painting group one day.
Thanks to one of my painting friend for the title contribution.

2 comments:

  1. Janet, I love your owl. I made a purple eagle last year so really appreciate your whimsical take on this great creature. Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's absolutely beautiful Janet. I love the departure in colors from the norm. How wonderful to have an owl in your yard, AND to have a painting/drawing group to be part of.

    ReplyDelete