Monday, April 1, 2013

A CHILD'S WHIMSY by Kathy K.

I was so excited about the Whimsical Challenge and immediately began three months ago what I thought would be a brilliant idea.  I worked on the piece for bit-by-bit, but it seemed to never come together, soooooooooo finally last week, I ditched it and came up with the piece below.




I like that it is a happy and colorful piece. Besides the binding, the quilt began with all white fabric. You also may notice that I varnished the quilt- I just felt it needed the shine; I am glad I did.  I am not quite done with it yet; besides removing the painter's tape on the back holding the binding down on the back :-|, I would like to add a few beads on it.

1 comment:

  1. I love this one Kathy. How delightful. I would like to know how it goes with the beading after you've varnished it. What a wonderfully free thinking treatment to accomplish the look you want! Totally whimsical?

    ReplyDelete