Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Quilting Bee


I have been somewhat obsessed with hexagons lately so for Structure I thought I would feature one of natures amazing builders. (Bees do build hives which is a "Structure" right) These industrious creatures not only produce yummy honey but are integral to our food production. So I decided to give my salute to bees some added colour. First I selected a piece of fabric I ice dyed this summer with my friend Gladys.





I cut the hexagons from this lovely fabric. The bee is a copy right free image I enlarged and printed onto TAP transfer artists paper then transferred  the  image onto white fabric. Once the image was transferred I thread painted it and added dimensional wings to it.





Here is a close up of the bee, hopefully you can see the dimension of the wings.

5 comments:

  1. Karrie, this is absolutely stupendous! Bees and honey are so very important to all of us - you paid great homage to them and their work. And your work continues to impress too! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fantastic and even better in real life. The photo doesn't do it justice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone, you are all very kind.

    ReplyDelete