Tuesday, December 31, 2013

... is a many-splendored thing

My quilt is on turquoise silk dupioni given to me by my sister a long, long time ago. Enough said about my sister. I love her.  Very much.

I also love rummaging through my collections of "stuff" and finding things that I started to make (?) or was thinking "what if",  or wondered "what on earth will I do with that?". This piece is loaded with those things. Pearls. Beads. Paint. Tyvek. Lutradur. Angelina fibres. Mistyfuse. Melty areas. Alcohol paints - I love how they interact with each other. Pearl-Ex ... and on and on.

Several months ago, I hand-quilted some random circles on the silk and forgot about it until I was looking for background fabric for the Tyvek. About that same time, I made the rectangular piece out of other "what ifs" (Lutradur, heat gun, paint Mistyfuse, Angelina fibres) and I like the way it looks on the top, with pearls, sequins, crystals and beads. 

The upper right corner of the Tyvek has been left open to let more love in and out - and I have purposely left the edges raw and let the Angelina fibres spill off the edges.

Happy 2014, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Dale, lovely work. Great textures the beads set it all off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Dale! I love the colors. It looks like it would have been a joy to make!

    ReplyDelete